Thank you to everyone who came out to see us at the Fold in Bransford, you chose us over ‘strictly’ and made it a full house
New short film has just been released for “Suitcase Stories” a project run by Jenny Davis at ArtsUplift, demonstrating the power of music and conversation for those living with dementia and their carers.
Folk singer-songwriter, Deborah Rose from Newport, Wales, currently living in Shropshire is set to release her third album, THE SHINING PATHWAY, recorded in Nashville and Ludlow, written on her tours around America, in Africa, and Europe.
At the end of this week we said goodbye to Alan James, a dear friend and valued member of our music community. A sudden and unexpected loss of a young man, who devoted his life to discovering new music, that didn’t fit into the mainstream box.
Here’s some new music from the young girls of the Women’s Cooperative in Kititi, Uganda. ‘Be the Change’ was written and recorded last month and is available to purchase on April 11th on all digital platforms. All money goes to Planting for Hope Uganda Group, a charity spearheaded by Kate Oakley, and Apollo Saku. Jackie Cartledge is hosting a fund-raising evening in Kinver on March 15th, with music from the Tony Capaldi band, please email me for the finer details. We’d love to see you there! Thanks to all the friends, volunteers and trustees I’ve shared time with supporting this wonderful women’s charity.
Yesterday I visited Homeboy Industries in Chinatown Los Angeles to meet Gregory Boyle, aka Father G, author of the book ‘Barking to the Choir: Radical Kinship’ who gave me a signed copy for the inmates at HMP Featherstone Prison where I work as Songwriter in Residence. Los Angeles is the gang capital of America with an estimated 120,000 gang members and home to 1,350 gangs. Many of the men I work with at Featherstone prison are serving long or life sentences for gang related…
A year ago I was on my way from Ojai, California to Los Angeles airport, heading to San Francisco to visit a friend and a tattooed Uber driver told me of his journey to enlightenment. He told me about the work of an American author and spiritualist Marianne Williamson.
- A big thank you13th December 2019 - 1:29 pm
- Suitcase Stories 212th December 2019 - 8:54 am
- The Shining Pathway27th November 2019 - 11:43 am
- Deborah Rose sings in Warner, New Hampshire for democrat candidate, Marianne Williamson, running for President of the United States 2020.14th October 2019 - 5:08 pm
- Tribute to Alan James14th May 2019 - 2:50 pm
- ‘Wrestling with Angels’ – Out Now11th April 2019 - 9:20 am
- 16/03/20 Deborah Rose at The Commandery, Worcester, UK Suitcase Stories, Arts Symposium. Presentation of songs written with those living with dementia and their carers.
- 04/04/20 Deborah Rose with Boo Hewerdine at Bishops Castle Town Hall, Shropshire, UK
- 16/05/20 Deborah Rose and Grey Wolf at Brimfield Folk Club, Ludlow UK
- 22/05/20 Deborah Rose & Mari Randle at Acorn Theatre, Penzance, UK
- 24/05/20 Deborah Rose at Solomon Hall, Mousehole, Cornwall, UK Support by Patrick Aston
- 26/06/20 Deborah Rose and Grey Wolf at Green Note Cafe, Camden, London, UK