Thank you to everyone who came out to see us at the Fold in Bransford, you chose us over ‘strictly’ and made it a full house
New short film has just been released for “Suitcase Stories” a project run by Jenny Davis at ArtsUplift, demonstrating the power of music and conversation for those living with dementia and their carers.
Folk singer-songwriter, Deborah Rose from Newport, Wales, currently living in Shropshire is set to release her third album, THE SHINING PATHWAY, recorded in Nashville and Ludlow, written on her tours around America, in Africa, and Europe.
At the end of this week we said goodbye to Alan James, a dear friend and valued member of our music community. A sudden and unexpected loss of a young man, who devoted his life to discovering new music, that didn’t fit into the mainstream box.
Here’s some new music from the young girls of the Women’s Cooperative in Kititi, Uganda. ‘Be the Change’ was written and recorded last month and is available to purchase on April 11th on all digital platforms. All money goes to Planting for Hope Uganda Group, a charity spearheaded by Kate Oakley, and Apollo Saku. Jackie Cartledge is hosting a fund-raising evening in Kinver on March 15th, with music from the Tony Capaldi band, please email me for the finer details. We’d love to see you there! Thanks to all the friends, volunteers and trustees I’ve shared time with supporting this wonderful women’s charity.
- Deborah Rose / Kenny White, double bill, The Mash Tun Stage, Ludlow Brewery, Ludlow2nd June 2022 - 3:23 pm
- Newsletter ‘Salt And Light’ #161st June 2022 - 11:53 am
- Newsletter ‘Salt And Light’ #151st May 2022 - 12:56 pm
- Newsletter ‘Salt and Light’ #141st April 2022 - 10:54 am
- Newsletter ‘Salt and Light’ #131st March 2022 - 3:30 pm
- Newsletter ‘Salt and Light’ #121st February 2022 - 6:06 pm
- 22/07/22 Deborah Rose and the James Hunt Quartet at Rascals at Ludlow Mascall Centre